Search This Blog

December 18, 2012

One Christmas Wish For Your Pet.


As the administrator for the Poooh Busters Facebook page and general online presence for PooohBusters I get to interact with so many different people from many different backgrounds. The one thing we all have in common is our love for animals.
On December 10th, I posted a question to our Facebook fans asking, If you could give your pet anything in the world for Christmas, what would you give them?

The responses received were overwhelming and touching to say the very least. It really put some perspective on how much we take for granted when it comes to the health and well being of our beloved pets.

I've captured a screen shot of the conversation so you can see exactly what I mean.

Generally I post a question or a topic for conversation, I then comment on my own post in order to get the replies started. I always do this immediately upon creating the post. In this case you can see two of our fans posted a response even before I had a chance to submit my own. The first response almost brought tears to my eyes. Especially after my own superficial response about giving my pets a nice home in the Caribbean; a tongue-in-cheek wish that was really for my own benefit and not for the benefit of my pets.

After reading all the responses, I truly felt fortunate that I currently have happy, healthy, well adjusted pets with no pending critical illness or extreme behaviour issues.

We always know in the back of our minds that there are so many people in the world who are less fortunate than we are. People with no families, no food, shelter or even any hope for their future.

Now I know that I am also very fortunate to have the lovely pets that I do. But most of all in a world full of animal cruelty, neglect and abuse, I’m thankful and so very lucky to have such great people following the Poooh Busters page.

Knowing that there are so many folks out there who truly love and care for their pets. People whose only wish is to have their pets by there side for much longer than the short time we are given.



No comments:

Post a Comment